The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

George W. Bush may have to change his agenda, as well as his leadership style, according to this Bloomberg article. That means to me that he might be able, in the last two years of his presidency, to accomplish things that could, conceivably, salvage his legacy. That ticks me off. What we’re saying is that if Congress had remained in GOP hands, Bush would have stayed the course, not only in Iraq, but also with everything else on his neocon agenda. But because Congress has now swung to Democratic control, Bush will be forced (ostensibly against his will and natural inclination) to compromise? So he might actually do some things for the good of America, not just for his own personal good, and for that of the top one percent? In that case, I think the legacy of good that arises from the next two years belongs to the Congress, and to the American voters who were fed up enough to “throw the bums out.” And as far as I’m concerned there will be nothing good about Bush’s legacy in the annals of History. He’ll always be George War Bush to me.


Listen to my song, Get the Hell out of Iraq. (See lyrics here.)



, , , , , , ,


NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home