The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

November Surprise? Sorry, but I’m just cynical enough to think that the timing of the verdict and sentencing of Saddam Hussein is political, coming two days before the midterm elections. Is it really a big deal? No. Will it energize ‘the base?’ Probably. Does it mean things are better in Iraq? 105 soldiers died in October, and thirteen died in the first five days of November, so you tell me. For me there are still plenty of reasons to feel unhappy with our government, and dissatisfied with the direction our country is taking, but hey, I’m not a Republican.

While we’re on that subject – Democrat/Republican, left/right, blue/red – some people think political attitudes could be a matter of genetics? Well, I suppose that is one way to explain it. Who can go against genetics, right?

For those who will be glued to their televisions Tuesday night, here is a list of poll closing times from Swing State Project. The most important ones with regard to the Senate are Virginia 7:00 EST, Missouri 8:00, and Montana 10:00; but there is a new Mason-Dixon poll out today that has Chafee leading Whitehouse in Rhode Island. See Real Clear Politics for all the polls. Consequently there may be other races that are just as tight as the ones mentioned above. The House races will be reported throughout the evening of course, and if all goes as expected, should be more satisfying than those in the Senate. In any event, happy watching.



, , , , , , , , , , ,


NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home