The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I Demand a Refund
Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld says we should not define success in Iraq as the absence of terrorist attacks. That’s like saying you should not define a good washing machine by the fact that we have to keep paying and paying for it.

President Bush and his staff like to talk about things in advertising terms. Selling the war, to them, was like selling a new product. But if Sears sold washing machines like Bush sold the war, they’d soon be out of business. It’s called false advertising and bait and switch. We were told we would be greeted as liberators. We were told that the mission was accomplished. We ended up with a war that was much more costly, and we continue paying, in blood, money, and in loss of credibility around the world. We were sold a false product in Iraq, and, sorry Rummy, but we now have a right to be dissatisfied.

Tags: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Carl said…

    It's not even that we're still paying for it, it's that we have to keep the goddamn repairman sitting in the laundry room watching it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home