The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Markos Moulitsas has an extensive article about Hillary Clinton. He says she does not appear electable. I agree, but not necessarily for the same reasons as he. Hillary might win the Democratic nomination (if the party wants to shoot itself in the foot.) She’s got the money to pull it off. But for Hillary Clinton, the election of 2008 hinges on Florida, whether or not she can carry it. I think there is a big chance that she won’t. (And it’s by no means certain that she would carry all the blue states.) Al Gore, on the other hand, or someone like him who did not vote for the war in Iraq, would have a lot more flexibility in which red states might carry him to victory. For this reason, I hope Al Gore can be persuaded to run in 2008. Our country needs him at this moment in her history.

I wonder if George H. W. Bush is proud of his son George War Bush. The father created a mess, but not one as big as the son’s.

How does Condo’s show play in Boston? Apparently not all that well.

No matter what Donald Rumsfeld might say now, we remember what he said before the invasion of Iraq.

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hillary is the most controversial candidate to come along in 50 years. If the dems nominate her, upcoming mid-term elections could mean nothing. I submitted your story to politipop.com and I hope it gets to the frontpage soon. It's here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home