The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Oh God, now they’re calling the war on terror World War Three. They seem to come up with a new spin every few months. This is just the latest one. This, of course, is something I would expect from George War Bush. He knows war, and he never met a war he didn’t like. This could have a way of becoming a self-fulfilling prophesy, though. If we go out and attack many more countries, the conflict could morph into a World War, which I would dread, but which our president seems to welcome, and even perhaps be willing to initiate.

Mr. Bush is supposed to be a religious man, even a Christian, but Jesus didn’t say, Blessed are the war makers, did He? No. He said, Blessed are the peacemakers. Now, I’m not some peacenik, at least I don’t think I am. But I am also not a warmonger like I think our president is. I don’t look for every opportunity to start a new war, to spend our taxpayers’ money, and to send our young men to their deaths in faraway lands. The war in Iraq helped get the president re-elected, but it has gone on so long, with such disastrous results, that it may help his party get defeated in November (I hope.) It is therefore not surprising to me that he is cranking up the rhetoric on a new war, World War Three. In some ways war is all he knows. He’s like a guy who only knows one song. Everything he does is a variation on that. He now thinks he can raise his approval ratings by declaring a new war, but the American public is weary of war, and they know the war on terror is not World War Three.

I think the president has missed the boat with the war on terror by pursuing his policy of preemptive war. History does not remember kindly the men who start the wars. History does smile on those who end wars, and on those who achieve peace. At the rate he is now going, George War Bush will not accomplish either of these worthy goals.


, , , , , , , ,


NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah I saw that.

    I had a very quick post about it on my blog.

    Very spooky.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home