The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Apparently Mark Warner won’t be running for president in 2008. I’m surprised anyone runs, actually, the way politics is right now. I certainly wouldn’t want to end up being a politician like Ken Mehlman or Patrick McHenry, but in some ways you have to be like that in order to win. Good luck to Mark Warner. Maybe he’ll run sometime in the future.

Here’s something else on how plant sterols help lower cholesterol. You know, orange juice is available in the grocery store now with sterols added. It’s called something like heart healthy or something else. And of course you can buy supplements that contain plant sterols. I have used Cholesterin, with and without niacin. There are other supplements, but I haven’t tried them.

I’ve lost about ten pounds recently. Part of that was on purpose. Part of it was due to a summer cold I caught back in August. But I’ve been maintaining my weight at like 142 or so, and I have been wondering why that has seemed so easy. Of course I have been exercising more, watching my diet pretty carefully, and trying to eat fewer snacks. And I have been drinking two cups of green tea per day. Maybe that has been helping? Apparently EGCG, an ingredient in green tea, helps boost the metabolism? Coke is coming out with a new drink, Enviga, that contains green tea and is supposed to help burn calories. Very interesting. But that’s ok, I think I’ll just stick to straight green tea. Besides, one reason I started drinking green tea is because I didn’t want all the caffeine that is found in coffee, and green tea is supposed to have beaucoup health benefits even if it does also boost metabolism.


Listen to my song, Get the Hell out of Iraq. (See lyrics here.)



, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    Congratulations on losing the weight, great job! I lost around 50 pounds last year, my doctory never noticed so I ripped him a new one and asked for a new doctory.

    I've gained a few pounds back since I've been in this cast, I'm looking forward to getting it off my foot and moving around without falling over. My posture sucks now and I'm all out of alignment because of the 3" difference in my legs with the cast.

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Ed Bremson, MFA said…

    Yeah, thanks Debra. And good for you, losing your weight. It's a process.

    I know, I feel bad about you and your toe, and your general discomfort in general. Those things take time I guess. Hope you get much, much better soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home